SUEZ's ZeeWeed ultrafiltration (UF) hollow-fiber membranes are designed with a robust life expectancy, giving you confidence in your water treatment system’s operation and helping you comply with regulatory requirements.
ZeeWeed 1500: Innovative pressurized ultrafiltration hollow-fiber membranes
Organics, silt, and other particulate material in water give it a cloudy, dark appearance. This makes the water unsafe for drinking and ineffective for industrial processes. ZW1500 ultrafiltration (UF) membranes remove these particles, bacteria and viruses for an exceptional clean water. This is possible because the ZW1500 UF membrane has a 0.02-micron pore structure that rejects these small particles and micro-organisms.
ZW1500 is perfect for drinking water because it removes harmful bacteria and viruses while preserving essential salts and ions in the water. For industrial applications, removing organic, colloidal and particulate matter prepares the water for further treatment by Reverse Osmosis (RO) treatment. UF pre-treatment reduces fouling on downstream process equipment and additional filtration unit operations. This makes for a more efficient water treatment train.
ZeeWeed 1500 is an outside-in feed, hollow-fiber, PVDF ultrafiltration membrane. ZW1500 does not require a pressure vessel – it is a fully self-contained, modular unit. Although ZW1500 can handle feed pressures up to 55 psi, high pressures are rarely required to achieve high output flow rates of clean, filtered water.
SUEZ ZeeWeed Ultrafiltration ZW1500 systems are ideal for multiple applications including: drinking water treatment, industrial process water treatment, tertiary filtration, RO pretreatment for brackish and seawater, and custom applications.
- Performance: True Ultrafiltration with 0.02-micron pore size for high reject of turbidity, colloidal material and suspended solids (TSS), bacteria and, virus. Achieve SDI < 3 for RO pre-treatment.
- Efficient: Operate at high recovery rates > 95% for water conservation and cost savings.
- Easy to Clean: fouling-resistant PVDF membrane with high resistance to oxidants
- Simple: Victaulic groove clamp connections for simple installation. 1.9m tall and 180mm diameter module is easy to handle and install.
- Reliable: Meet or exceed drinking water and re-use water regulatory requirements.